Our Areas of Practice
At ANM Global, we provide strategic advice to private and public sector companies in India and overseas on their diverse forms of ventures. Our dynamic team of lawyers come with strong industry experience in the natural resource and manufacturing sectors and possess in-depth knowledge of mining regimes including The Mines Act, 1952; The Mines Rules, 1955; Mines Rescue Rules, 1985; Coal Mines Regulations, 1957; The Oil Mines Regulations, 1984; The Minor Mineral Concession Rules, 1960 and various other acts associated with mining. The Corporate Regulatory, Finance, Litigation and Tax teams at our firm work in consortium to provide well-rounded and comprehensive advice to our clients in the Mining sector.
- Regulatory advisory including those related to Foreign Direct Investments
- Licensing issues that include mining permits, prospecting license and mining leases
- Rehabilitation & Resettlement (R&R) Policies
- Health Safety & Environment issues/approvals
- Advisory on policy issues related to prescribed & certain Reserved Minerals, State Mining Policies, Memorandums Of Understanding (MoU), State Support Agreements, Etc.
- International joint ventures
- Dispute resolution & litigation support across the country.
Our Team Advises On All Aspects Of Mining Law Including:
- Acquisitions/dispositions of mine properties and processing and manufacturing facilities
- Coal supply contracts
- Environmental Law, Health and Mine Safety
- Native Indian law and natural resources
- Operational and regulatory issues
- Issues pertaining to acquisition of public lands
- Coal mining and supply contracts
- Due diligence on behalf of investor’s interests regarding acquisitions of mining properties
- Formation of Indian and international joint ventures
- Distribution arrangements/Joint Development Agreements
- Supply Agreements for newly developed technology
- Technology transfer and related intellectual property matters
- Taxation and stamp duty issues