Anushree joined ANM Global as a Partner from 2018 to head the Media and Entertainment practice of the firm. A familiar name in the media and entertainment sector, Anushree is considered to be the go-to person for several top Media and Entertainment companies.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Recognized in the inaugural list of India’s Top TMT/ Fintech Lawyers, 2021 & 2022 Asian Legal Business magazine.
- Powerful Women in IP India 2021 by the World Intellectual Property Forum.
- “Notable Practitioner” in the Asia Law Profile 2022 Edition.
- “Top 10 Women in IP, Copyright and Trademark 2021” by Women Entrepreneur India magazine.
- Recommended Lawyer, 2022, Asia Pacific by Legal 500.
Anushree started her career with an established Media & Entertainment law firm in India, where she worked for close to eight (8) years after graduating from ILS Law College, Pune in 2010. During her career span, Anushree has been involved in advising some of the leading OTT Platforms, studios, broadcasters, production houses, talent management companies, music labels, publishers, content aggregators, digital platforms, celebrities, e-commerce platforms, distributors, animation companies, event organizers and trade associations. Anushree is experienced in structuring complex transactions and providing advisory across various issues concerning the Media, Entertainment and IT sector.
Anushree has carried out Due Diligence reports for thousands of films. She has also been instrumental in setting up the S&P Policies of several leading OTT Platforms. She has also advised several music label start-ups in setting up their business and procuring memberships with collecting societies. She has also advised several celebrities in relation to creation and sale of their NFT. Under Anushree’s able leadership the size of the M&E practice has increased multi-fold with the transactional and litigation media team growing exponentially.
Anushree has also been a part of several path breaking litigation matters ranging from copyright, trademark infringement, content regulation, statutory licensing, etc. Few such matters include:
- IPAB radio royalty statutory licensing matter.
- Gunjan Saxena litigation.
- Plex vs Zee Plex (landmark trademark case).
- Hasmukh case (landmark defamation of class of lawyers’ case for the web series ‘Hasmukh’ before Delhi High Court).
- Copyright infringement case between Tips vs ENIL (Radio Mirchi) and Gaana.
- OTT content regulation matters in multiple high courts for Zee 5 and ALT Balaji.
- Several copyright infringement matters against You Tube and others for Zee.
- Several cases against short video format platforms for copyright infringement.
Anushree is also the founder of IPRMENTLAW, a knowledge-sharing, non-profit open access forum. Within a year of its launch, it became one of the top entertainment law blogs in India and continues to provide regular updates and perspectives on significant developments taking place in the media and entertainment industry.
Anushree recently authored the book ‘Copyright 101 – A Handbook on Copyright for Content Creators and Owners’ launched by FICCI and Creative First, a division of Motion Pictures Association in collaboration with IPRMENTLAW.
Anushree has conducted several webinars and workshops on media and entertainment laws for the benefit of students, legal professionals, and industry representatives.