Awards & Recognitions:
- Awarded as India’s Future Legal Leaders 2022 by India Business Law Journal (IBLJ)
- Awarded top 30 disputes lawyers by Asian Legal Business,
- Featured as top 10 women in IP by Women Entrepreneur Magazine,
- Awarded as top IP lawyers 2020-2021 by Asian Legal Business, and
- Top Individual Lawyer by India Forbes in Legal Powerlist 2021
memberships & Honorary Works:
- Member of Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa
- Member of TiE (which mentors and fosters entrepreneurship)
- Chair for TiE Women Vadodara
- Member of Berkeley Global Society a selective close-knit network which works together internationally
- Member of POSH at Work
- Member of iHub Ahmedabad (one of Gujarat’s largest incubation tanks)
- Advisory Board member of e-cell St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Honorary lecturer at multiple Colleges and universities across Maharashtra & Gujarat (St. Xavier’s Mumbai, KPJU Gujarat, etc.)
Ragini Shah is a Partner at ANM Global, she leads the Patent and Design Practice at the firm and is greatly involved with end-to-end legal solutions for Startups.
Ragini Shah is a Patent & Designs Attorney and a Startup Solutions Specialist. A graduate in Life-Sciences and Biochemistry from St. Xavier’s College and honours holder in Intellectual Property Law from UC Berkeley, California, Ragini Shah exists where law and science intersect. Given her decade of work experience including 3 years of working as a partner with a US law firm, she has curated her services to undoubtedly match international standards.
In the past as the HOD for Patent Filings she has handled patent portfolios and executed specialized Patent assignments for a wide list of clients including: Invista Technologies, Takeda, Mitsubishi, Deepak Nitrite Ltd, Arvind Mills, Garden Silk Mills, Temple Wellness Ventures, Marico, Delhi University, amongst others. Annually executing work to the value of ~USD$100,000 and managing work to the value of ~USD$450,000.
Before merging her practice with ANM Global, Ragini co-founded a full-service Intellectual Property law firm viz. ‘Literati Juris’ having offices at Mumbai, New Delhi and Ahmedabad which was recognized as ‘Emerging Law firm of the year, 2021’-ASSOCHAM; ‘Notable IP law firm’- Asia Law 2021 rankings; and was nominated as ‘Intellectual Property Law Firm of the year, 2021’ and ‘India’s Rising Law firm of the year, 2021’. Her other past experiences include working with Krishna and Saurastri Associates and AMD Global, Atlanta, USA.
Within ANM Global, Ragini handles IP portfolios of companies with turnovers worth USD 380 billion dollars via patent litigation, International IP solutions and strategic filing; Valuations; drafting patent documents, providing sound legal opinions and formulating IP strategies for the said conglomerates. She works with a team of specialized Patent associates/agents/engineers in various fields viz. Engineering, Electronics, Electrical, Biology, Software and Chemical.
Ragini has advised and assisted Clients from India, US and Japan in Patent Drafting, Prosecution and obtaining grants; providing legal opinions/FTOs; Conducting prior art searches; and managing IP portfolios. She handles Patents relating to the following industries: Engineering (Mechanical, electronics and electrical), Software, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics & Healthcare; Textiles, Polymer; Chemicals and FMCGs.
Ragini leads the Patent and Design Law practices in the firm and is actively involved with Startup Solutions as she works with experts in finance, M&A, management and law. The team has worked on multiple matters including assisting the Government of Gujarat on policy building for Startups. Ragini has mentored over 30 startups in 2021 and continues to support multiple incubation tanks such as AIC, iHub, e-cell etc. Ragini has also advised Indian Patent Office on drafting National Pharmaceuticals Guidelines, 2014 to bring about changes to the outdated patent regulations. Currently, she has been working closely with industry and government bodies to advise on start-up policies to be implemented in the State of Gujarat.