Our Areas of Practice
Power and Energy
We have acted for both investor and publicly owned electric utilities in hearings and applications before the Electricity Board, and in all aspects of, the electricity industry, including distribution, transmission, generation and retail. Members of the firm also have experience in the Indian electricity retail and generation market, and have advised clients, including Retailers, Project Developers, Investors and Marketers on a diverse range of matters, including the development of solar generation projects, merchant transmission, imports and exports, and other environmental issues. Our team of lawyers have extensive experience in advising Power Developers on Power Projects – both conventional (Thermal & Hydro) and renewable (Solar, Wind, Biomass), with project size ranging from Micro (5MW) to Mega (+1000 MW) transmission and distribution entities.
Our Services Include:
- Advising project developers, investors, suppliers & contractors in the power sector on diverse commercial/transactional issues and all aspects of licensing, market structures, competition, performance standards & tariffs.
- Providing advice on restructuring of existing legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Advising on sustainable development issues like clean development mechanism & environmental compliances.
- Handling resolution of disputes in various forums, including Regulatory Commissions, Courts and Alternate Dispute Resolution processes.
Our Services Specific To Independent Power Generation Projects Includes:
- Obtaining environmental permits at the local, state and central levels, land use approvals, approvals for electrical transmission and, in some sases, gas transmission lines, and other regulatory approvals, as required.
- Representing clients at environmental hearings and/or public meetings.
- Negotiating and drafting all major contracts, including Concession Agreements, EPC Contracts, O&M Contracts and Financing and Security Documentation, Power Purchase Agreements, Fuel Supply Agreements, Land Agreements, Construction Agreements And Production Contracts, Implementation Agreement.