We at ANM Global are one of the few firms providing specialized services in the Power & Energy sector. Our team of lawyers have extensive experience in advising Power developers on Power Projects which are both conventional as well as renewable, with project size ranging from Micro to Mega transmission and distribution entities. Our in-depth knowledge in power transmission, distribution and electricity generation regulation has aided us in providing strategic solutions to out clients and favorable outcomes during negotiations including successful amalgamations, mergers, alliances and partnerships on behalf of private companies with public sector undertakings in the power sector.
We have gained special expertise with the Power Procurement process and Power Regulation & Transmission. Our team has acted as the counsel for various private and public companies in connection with several procurement processes, and to potential developers and independent power producers in connection with power procurement RFPs and relationships. This has made out team fully conversant with structure of these contracts, their financial implications, allocations of risk, and other associated legal and business issues.
Our team has represented both investor and publicly owned electric utilities in hearings and applications before the Electricity Board, and in all aspects of, the electricity industry, including distribution, transmission, generation and retail. Our lawyers also have experience in the Indian electricity retail and generation market, and have advised clients, including Retailers, Project Developers, Investors and Marketers on a diverse range of matters, including development of solar generation projects, merchant transmission, imports and exports, and other environmental issues making ANM Global, a one stop solution for all Power and Energy related legal issues.
We being a full service firm with expertise in development, construction, power purchase and procurement processes, real estate and leasing, debt and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, tax (including government incentives for certain forms of renewable energy projects), environmental approvals and related regulatory processes has successfully aides a wide range of clients- including Developers, Purchasers, Suppliers and Financing Entities.
Our Services in the Power Sector Include:
- Advising Project Developers, Investors, Suppliers & Contractors In The Power Sector On Diverse Commercial/Transactional Issues And All Aspects Of Licensing, Market Structures, Competition, Performance Standards & Tariffs.
- Providing Advice On Restructuring Of Existing Legal And Regulatory Frameworks.
- Advising On Sustainable Development Issues Like Clean Development Mechanism & Environmental Compliances.
- Handling Resolution Of Disputes In Various Forums, Including Regulatory Commissions And Courts And Alternate Dispute Resolution Processes.
Our services specific to independent power generation projects includes:
- Obtaining Environmental Permits At The Local, State And Central Levels, Land Use Approvals, Approvals For Electrical Transmission And, In Some Cases, Gas Transmission Lines, And Other Regulatory Approvals, As Required.
- Representing Clients At Environmental Hearings And/Or Public Meetings.
- Negotiating And Drafting All Major Contracts, Including Concession Agreements, EPC Contracts, O&M Contracts And Financing And Security Documentation, Power Purchase Agreements, Fuel Supply Agreements, Land Agreements, Construction Agreements And Production Contracts, Implementation Agreement.