- Recognized in the inaugural list of India’s Top TMT/ Fintech Lawyers, 2021 prepared by the Asian Legal Business magazine.
- Powerful Women in IP India 2021 by the World Intellectual Property Forum.
- “Notable Practitioner” in the Asia Law Profile 2022 Edition.
- Recommended Lawyer, 2022, Asia Pacific by Legal 500.
- ALB India’s Super 50 Lawyers 2021
- Emerging IP Player-IPR Gorilla
- ALB India’s Top IP Lawyers 2021
During her career span, Anushree has been involved in advising some of the leading OTT Platforms, studios, broadcasters, production houses, talent management companies, music labels, publishers, content aggregators, digital platforms, celebrities, e-commerce platforms, distributors, animation companies, event organizers and trade associations. Anushree is experienced in structuring complex transactions and providing advisory across various issues concerning the Media, Entertainment and IT sector.
She has also been instrumental in setting up the S&P Policies of several leading OTT Platforms. She has also advised several music label start-ups in setting up their business and procuring memberships with collecting societies. She has also advised several celebrities in relation to creation and sale of their NFT. Under Anushree’s able leadership the size of the M&E practice has increased multi-fold with the transactional and litigation media team growing exponentially.
Anushree has also been a part of several path breaking litigation matters ranging from copyright, trademark infringement, content regulation, statutory licensing, etc. Few such matters include:
- IPAB radio royalty statutory licensing matter.
- Gunjan Saxena litigation.
- Hasmukh case
- Copyright infringement case between Tips vs ENIL (Radio Mirchi) and Gaana.
- OTT content regulation matters before multiple high courts for Zee 5 and ALT Balaji.
- Several copyright infringement matters against You Tube and others for Zee.
Anushree is also the founder of IPRMENTLAW, a knowledge-sharing, non-profit open access forum. She recently authored the book ‘Copyright 101 – A Handbook on Copyright for Content Creators and Owners’ launched by FICCI and Creative First, a division of Motion Pictures Association in collaboration with IPRMENTLAW.